Wednesday, February 25, 2009

South Carolina vs. Canada

Wow!!!  I'm so happy you're still checking our blog since it has been over 2 weeks since I have posted anything.   

We had so much fun and were so busy in South Carolina with our family and friends that I didn't have any down time to post any pictures.  Now that we're back - I'm overwhelmed with how to begin sharing all of our wonderful pictures (taken on our new Nikon D90 Camera).  We took over 600 pictures and we just love the camera.  

We had such a wonderful visit in Myrtle Beach and Beaufort.  We are so grateful to our family & friends for making Gracie's 1st birthday parties so special.  We enjoyed visiting with everyone and are sad that we live so far away.  

To get started on the pictures - I thought it would be cute to show you the weather we enjoyed in South Carolina and what we returned home to in Canada.   

Gracie playing in the sand in Myrtle Beach.


She loves sticking her tongue out all the time.


She still sits on her knees.


Grabbing a handful.


I love this picture.


This is where we were....(happy and warm at the beach)


and this...
Is HOME (oh the harsh, cold reality of where we live)!


Side of our house.


Front door.


Back deck.  The snow is starting to cover the windows.


Accumulation after one night.


Tucker wishes he could see the grass again.

Please check back often - I promise I'll be posting lots and lots of pictures from our trip.  Lots of love to you all!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wondered if ya'll were still gone! The next time you're coming home, let me know because I would love to try and catch up even for lunch in Beaufort!

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were! I was lost without updates on you guys! So glad you had a great time in Myrtle Beach. Welcome Home...to lots of snow it looks like! YIKES!

Lori said...

Great pictures!!! That is quite a lot of snow! Very pretty tho those of us who don't see it often.

Alyson said...

I hate that we didn't get to see you, and I am glad you are back to blogging!!! Love the pics...and I'm sure you love that camera!

Anonymous said...

I am sure it was quite a shock to return to the "cold and snow" after spending a couple of weeks in South Carolina! We can't believe how much snow you have!
We sure do miss you all and love you all very much!
Lots of love,
Mom and Dad XXOO