Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cherry Blossoms or Just Some Trees


Gracie rode the Metro for the 1st time on Sunday, April 11th when we ventured down to the District and Tidal Basin to check out the Cherry Blossom Festival. She absolutely loved the Metro...and I loved that she wanted to sit in her own seat on the train and wanted to hold my hand.

On a side note, one of my most favorite things about being a mom is...when Gracie wraps her hand around my finger and says, "Hold my's hand" (her use of possessives is plural - she says "my's" and "your's" - like "that's my's Night Night Blanket" and "that's your's cup". I've tried correcting her but I kinda think it's cute coming out of her 2 year old mouth...she'll have proper grammar soon enough. And by far, the best part of being Gracie's mom is when she says, "I L-Of You"...oh, my heart melts every time.


A little surprised about the underground train!


We had to walk several blocks from the Metro stop to the Tidal Basin. By the time we got down there it was pretty obvious that the blossoms had come and gone! Ok, so while we were a little bummed we didn't get to see the beautiful white'ish pink blossoms...we certainly had a few good laughs!

We overheard this conversation as we were crossing the street. I swear, the things people think and then say crack me up! I still can't believe she actually said this...

Lady - "Ummm, where are the Cherry Blossoms?"

Crossing Guard - "You missed 'em!"

Lady - "WHAT?
But TODAY is the last day of the Festival!"

And I wanted to say..."Riiiight, because DC decides when the Cherry Blossoms actually bloom and for how long...not Mother Nature!"


Under a Cherry Tree



Gracie was bummed.
She thought it was the last day of the festival too.



So we didn't pick a good day to see the blossoms



But...Gracie picked this!!!
(she's gonna be mad at me later for taking this picture)



Jefferson Memorial



We love living in a city with so much to see & do.
We hope y'all will come visit us!



Maybe we'll paddle boat next year.



Being Silly!



Up in the sky!

Well, there's always next year to see the beautiful Cherry Blossoms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pickin' picture is so hilarious! And, as I used to say, she's not picking her nose, she's pointing to her brain! ~Katie